If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Monday, July 7, 2014

Nutty Chocolate Chiffon Cake 榛果巧克力戚风蛋糕

I always love hazelnut with chocolate combo. After made the Nutty Blueberry muffin, love the nutty cake base, and inspired me to use the nutty cake base to make this Nutty Chocolate chiffon.



 
 
I didn't add cocoa powder into cake batter, instead just sprinkle on the batter and create the pattern..
 

 
I prefer to enjoy this chiffon with a cup of coffee...My daughter said the taste of this chiffon cake remind her of nutella..


Nutty Chocolate Chiffon Cake 榛果巧克力戚风蛋糕
*makes a 20cm chiffon tube pan 

4 egg yolks (A size)
15g caster sugar
35g corn oil 
55g milk
80g self-raising flour
40g roasted hazelnut (roast at a pre-heated oven 180C for 3mins, remove skin)
10g corn flour 

4 egg white (A size)
75g caster sugar 

2tsp cocoa powder

Method

  1. Put the self raising flour, corn flour and roasted hazelnuts in a food processor, and whizz until the nuts are finely ground.
  2. Add in sugar into egg yolks, immediately lightly whisk the egg yolks and sugar till light.
  3. Add in corn oil, mix well. Then add in milk, stir well to combine. Add in flour mixture, stir to well combine.
  4. Beat egg whites till foamy, gradually add in sugar in there batches and continue beat until soft peak formed.
  5. Take 1/3 of meringue and use a hand whisk to mix well and lighten the egg yolk batter.
  6. Now change hand whisk to a silicone spatula, fold in 1/3 of meringue, gently fold with egg yolk batter till slightly combined. Fold in the balance meringue and gently fold till well combined.
  7. Pour 1/3 cake batter into chiffon pan, sift a thin layer of cocoa powder on it. Repeat the rest of layers. 
  8. Bake at pre-heated oven at 170c for 45mins at middle rack or until cooked.
  9. Once done, turn your chiffon tin upside down and cool completely before remove from the tin.
  10.  Chiffon cake is ready to unmould. You can use a plastic thin spatula to run the pan and unmould the chiffon or you can unmould using bare hands method if you have mastered this skill.
Recipe by Sonia aka Nasi Lemak Lover

26 comments:

Mel said...

Hazelnut flavour sounds wonderful yummy for a change.

Li Shuan said...

hazelnut choc reminds me of Nutella too...sounds great !

Fion said...

Ya me too, i love hazelnut with chocolate..haha

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

多久没做7风了
我怕自己做不出来
呵呵

Angie's Recipes said...

Light and beautiful!

mayck-law. Blogspot.com said...

榛果巧遇巧克力, 最赞了!

Copycake kitchen said...

This is my all time favourite cake. Love the gentle and lovely patterns very much!:)

Joceline Lor said...

同样的。我会想起 Nutella 果酱。我喜欢的。这个蛋糕很好看。赞。。

My Little Space said...

I so wanna to bake a chiffon cake but there always excuses to dismiss the project. hehe... Yours look really tempting.
Have a great week ahead.
Blessings, Kristy

Baking Taitai said...

Hehe...so I am not the only one who thinks of Nutella when I read your post. I have only made chiffon cake once, maybe it's time to try again after seeing your lovely cake. ;)

Victoria Bakes said...

I love that deep topo contrast in your cake... Strikingly attractive

Kimmy said...

Simply delicious and good looking. Nice

PH said...

Wah, must be full of nutty and chocolaty flavours! Let me check if I got hazelnuts in the fridge :)

nandoos kitchen said...

wow! looks so yumm..

Bakericious said...

I love nutella too, gonna try this!

向日葵葵 ~ Sunflower Grace said...

I like nutella too, should give it a try later :D

Somewhere in Singapore said...

After the other i bake a failure chiffon cake, i have not been baking chiffon cake liao...

Sokehah cheah said...

Hazelnut is a good flavour and I like the swirls on your chiffon...lovely!

ann low said...

I love nutella too! Your cake looks pretty!

mai has said...

it looks like a marble cake...i bet surely its tasty!:-)

QembarDelites said...

Sounds like a good recipe to keep for reference, love the designs on the cake:D

irene myme said...

把榛果磨成粉再加入戚风里真的很特别哦,有时间一定要试试这食谱,谢谢你的无私分享。^o^

Ana Regalado said...

I didn't even know before that Nutella is made from hazelnuts lol Looking at your pretty chiffon made me sigh . Until now I haven't bought a chiffon pan , oh , I've got an angel food cake pan but it's heavy and huge tsk tsk !

Ria said...

Hi Sonia,
i tried to bake chiffon cake with countless fail product. may i ask what is the best flour to use for chiffon?
i tried top flour but somehow the structure is very weak and the cake collapsed (a bit) and i try cake flour but it was dry.
i see alot of recipe call for self raising flour, is this flour better for chiffon?
how about hong kong flour?

thank you and i love your blog.

regards.
Ping.

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Ria, cake flour is the most suitable flour for chiffon , which light and low protein . I am not sure you use a correct chiffon pan or not, you must use a tube pan for great result . Yes you can use self raising flour too , it will give you more stable chiffon but the texture will not as fine as using cake flour.

Ria said...

Thank you for your reply Sonia.
Yes, i use the tube chiffon cake pan similar like yours.
ok, i think is my skill not there yet. ha..ha...
will try again.

have a good day.

regards,
ria.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin