suggest you to store this cupcake in the fridge, the custard cream tasted like eating ice-cream, good one..
Recipe adapted from Ai Wei (original from 周老师的美食教室) , Thanks Ai Wei for kind sharing.
I made few changes to the original recipe.
Hokkaido Chiffon cupcakes
*makes 10 cupcakes
Ingredients:50g egg yolks (3 eggs)
1/8 tsp of salt
20g corn oil
25g self-raising flour
105g egg whites (3 eggs)
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
45g castor sugar
Custard cream filling:
30g non-dairy whipped fresh cream
1tsp custard powder
*just mix these together
1. Whisk egg yolk with salt. Add in oil and milk and mix well.
2. Sift flour and baking powder into the egg yolk mixture.
3. Beat egg whites with cream of tartar until foamy and then add in sugar and beat till soft peak.
4. Fold in half of the egg whites into the mixture and mix well. Then add in the other half and mix them evenly.
5. Fill the mixture into the cups
6. Bake at pre-heated oven at 160c for 20mins. Leave cool.
7. Make a small hole at the middle, pump the custard cream into the chiffon.
8. You can either chill before serving or have it straight after filling in the cream.
Happy Baking !!