-hand pull the dough
-drop noodle into soup base
-Tong Choy (preserved vegetables)
Mee Hoon Kueh (Hand-pulled noodles) 麵粉粿*serve 6 pax
Dough500g all purpose flour
1 egg (lightly beaten)
1. Mix flour, egg and salt in a large mixing bowl.
2. Slowly add in water and knead till soft dough, take about 5mins.
3. Shape the dough into ball, keep aside and cover with cling film & rest for 1 hour or more.
Ikan Bilis (Anchovy) Soup Base
100g ikan bilis (anchovy), washed and cleaned
2 litre water
1 and ½ tsp salt or to taste
1. Boil anchovy in water for 45mins, tasted with salt, set aside.
200g fresh shrimps, stir fried with chopped garlic, set aside
200g meat (pork or chicken), sliced and marinate with sesame oil, pepper and tapioca flour
100g ikan bilis (anchovy), fried till golden brown and crispy
15 shallots, finely sliced and fried till golden brown and crispy
Some leafy vegetables (bok choy, spinach, sayur manis, mustard green)
2 tbsp tong choy (preserved vegetables), optional
To cook a bowl per person:-
1. Pour a small bowl of soup base into a cooking pot.
2. Once soup is boiled, tear the dough ball into small and thin pieces and drop it into the boiling soup.
3. Repeat until the dough is completed.
4. Add in meat, shrimps, tong choy and vegetables.
5. Cook for 1min and serve in serving bowl.
6. Garnish with fried anchovies and fried shallots.
7. Serve hot and dip with chillies soy sauce for extra spicy flavours.
Happy Cooking !!