If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

那是你爸!!Sambal Petai Nasi Lemak

" 那是你爸 ", why i called this name, because this Sambal Petai Nasi Lemak was prepared by my husband on the Father's day, so I can not call it as "那是你妈" (direct translation from Chinese), hahaha......




-For those who do not know what is Petai, learn more from this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkia_speciosa




- My husband proposed himself to cook this sambal petai, he really just cook it only, because all those ingrediants e.g homemade chili paste, prawn, petai, onion & etc are prepared by me...I'm became the assistant to the Cook on that day... Anyway, I admit that he cooked quite well on this dish..




- My kids gave him thumbs up on this dish...


-In return, I prepared this Mango Lassy for him. I use the mango imported from India(bought from Jusco), this India mango is super sweet and very aroma.

Mango Lassy recipe:-
1 big mango
Natural Yogurt
Fresh Milk
ice
-just blend all above ingrediants




Please link here for Nasi Lemak recipe ...

18 comments:

zeesiew said...

i try mango lassy at sabah, my first time, realy, very smooth and delicious, wow....i saw ur mango lassy, i miss sabah again...

and petai also my favorite, 那是你爸,哈哈。。。

Nancymommy said...

你们俩公婆那天在厨房里玩办家家酒喔...还真cute!
你老公真乖,父亲节还亲自出马煮几味,煮得真不赖,真让人流口水呦...

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Zeesiew, quickly go to Jusco to buy this kind of India mango, really really nice to do as lassy..

Nancy, aiyah, he just cook only, all other things i prepared for him...but he got the good name, i'm became assistant to him, hehehe

Reanaclaire said...

wah...looks so delicious, the sambal petai is dressed to "kill".... great cook your husband is too!

米亚 said...

Hey!!! Thats my childhood dish! I am a big fan of sambal (but not petai though)! HE cooked well! You must be so proud of him... hahaa... so since you are the kitchen hand, did you end up doing the washings too?

Cindy Khor said...

really hilarious, haha nasi lemak = 那是你爸. i miss my mum's homemade version of sambal petai with prawns too... i remember having 2 bowls of nasi to go with that...

J.O said...

嘿嘿~我只要sambal不要petai
petai留给你吃:P

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

reanaclaire,ya, especially the petai,it really kill...

Mia, no lah, washing thing my helper do it..

Cindy, of course, sure add more rice with this sambal

J.O, you rugi lor, petai so nice you dont eat..

温馨小屋 said...

哈哈哈!!"那是你爸"..不错不错!!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Haha, why he wanted to cook on Father's Day? Should be pampered right? Looks good!

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Felvinc, good name huh..

Little corner of mine, maybe he think mine sambal is not as nice as he cooked, hahaha..

zeesiew said...

o...jusco hv ah, okok..i will try it, thanks ah

Precious Pea said...

Hahaha..i like the name of the sambal petai dish! Btw...i finally went to the funfair...they are now in front of Carrefour Klang.

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Zeesiew, quickly go...

Precious pea, ya, I knew now they are in front of Carrefour, my youngest son still looking for this funfair every time he passed by Klang Sentral, he wanted to go again, kid...

Bakeling said...

Sambal petai go with mango lassi ,that's a perfect match !

Whose idea was that ?

Colin Woon said...

" 那是你爸 " - hahahaha...very good!

Not a big fan of Petai but the dish looks good!

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Bakeling, of course, my brilliant ideas lah, hehehe..

Colin, aiyah, so tasty food you dont eat, what a waste man...

Anonymous said...

fabulous!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin