If you have any question, please drop me an email (sonia9423@gmail.com) or Instagram @ sonianll

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Homemade Italian pizza

Promised to 米亚 to teach her homemade pizza bread base, my sister-in-law share this recipe to me earlier, but I have made some changes to reflect the actual practise. These pizza actually was prepared soon I returned home from Switzerland trip, I bought a bottle of mixed herbs with a good price.

- pizza with ham and pineapple, Hawaiian style












-Sausage pizza


HOMEMADE ITALIAN PIZZA RECIPE
** To make two big round pizza

Base A:
3 tsp or 11g of instant yeast
180ml warm water
140ml fresh milk
2 tbsp of castor sugar
1 tsp of salt

Base B:
580gm High Protein or Bread Flour
1 tbsp (tablespoon) of butter
A pinch of Italian herbs (optional)

Topping:
Tomato paste (Usually I use Prego Traditional)
Sausages, sliced
Big Onion, sliced
Green pepper, sliced
Pineapple, sliced
250g Mozzarella cheese, grated
Chopped Garlic (mixed with olive oil) - optional

Steps:
1) Base A : Mix yeast and warm water and leave aside till frothy (about 30mins). Then add fresh milk, sugar and salt and mix well.
2) Sift flour into a mixing bowl, add butter, herbs and add base A and knead till smooth. Leave to prove till double in bulk (normally about 1 hour). Punch down and leave to prove for another 15mins. Roll out, pull gently into 3mm thick round sheet (you can adjust thickness to your preference). Place onto a greased baking tray.
3) Use fork to put hole on the bread base, brush tomato taste onto the base, sprinkle the topping on top (grated cheese to put last).
4) Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180C for 30 minutes or till golden brown. Remove and serve hot.

Note: Topping can be adjusted according to taste e.g cooked chicken meat, cooked minced beef, ham, sardine or tuna fish and etc.

12 comments:

Reanaclaire said...

hello.. may i have a piece of your delicious pizza?

Colin Woon said...

Wow! Your homemade pizzas look really really good! Especially that Hawaiian pizza! Mmmm...

Bakeling said...

How can I not drool ?

Anyone need to have delivery pizza ?
Call Nasi Lemak lover Pizza :

1300 -XXXXXXXX !

Colin Woon said...

By the way, I forgot to mention that I have tried a deep dish pizza with Ikan Bilis in Chicago. My wife and I LOVE it! Maybe you should try that too!

♥♥♥♥♥ Jennifer™® ♥♥♥♥♥ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nancymommy said...

我的孩子们在我自己做了Pizza以后都不爱吃外面的Pizza了...因为外面的Pizza没有妈妈做的有这么多的料....以后,你的宝贝们也会发出同样的心声的...

温馨小屋 said...

哇!可以感觉到那pizza的香味。
我好久都没做pizza了....

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Reanaclaire- any time

Colin-ya, i tried ikan bilis sambal before(not homemade), but I can not bake it at home, kids can't take spicy. At one time, I use Otak-otak as topping, the taste was very nice.

Bakeling, wait until I open a pizza shop, hehehe..

Nancy, ya, sometime I over put toppings until can't see the bread, hahaha..

Felvinc, quickly bake for your kids, they sure love it.

Faye fly said...

哇哇哇﹗﹗﹗我可以偷吃麻﹖太贊了拉。。根本你外面買的多料﹗﹗

米亚 said...

wow wow!!! your pizza looks even better than those in pizza hut!!! you should open your own store and name is after "Nasi Lemak Lover's Pizza House"... hehe... I will be your first customer... I need to jot down the recipe so that I can make it again... We eat pizza very very frequent, so lets see how good it turns out~

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

米亚, quickly try and let me know the result ok.

Fayefly, you can put as much as possible because this is homemade.

Anonymous said...

hi..can I replace bread flour to plain flour?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin